Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Giving Thanks.

In honor of the upcoming holiday, I decided I’d write a post about what I’m thankful for.

God’s beauty. It’s overwhelming and it’s everywhere. The world is just a drop in the ocean of his awesomeness, and I only see a fraction of it. But it’s enough to keep me going for a lifetime.

Chuck. His love mirrors God’s, and it frees me to be who I was made to be.

Family. If you’re lucky, they teach you about God. Mine did.

My church. Looking back the past couple years I can see that I’ve changed for the better in some areas, and some of those areas are a direct result of being in a good church community. I’ve never experienced that before.

Am I starting to sound too spiritual? Here’s a quicker list.

My daughter.
My sister.
Freedom.
Food.
Autumn.
Hiking.
Lookout Mountain.
Vaccines.
Hot showers.
The internet.
Mocha frappachinos.
Learning.
Books.
Libraries.
Museums.
Music.
Art.
Being an artist.
Being connected to other humans.
People who “get” me.
Native Americans.
Photographs.
Education.
Being a stay at home mom.
Apple picking.
St. Louis.
Christmas Midnight Mass.
Stories.
Inside jokes.
A clean house.
Cars.
Chuck’s cooking.
Lists.
Snow.
Being forgiven.
Forgiving someone else.
People who listen.
Having enough money.
My backyard.
Walks with Ivy.
Socks.
Shopping.
Coupons.
Glasses.
Naps.

I could go on for a very long time. Maybe I’ll write some more soon. But there’s my list for now. Now write your own! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment